The MIHN House Manager role requires than an individual permanently live in our homeless shelter with families. MIHN houses 5 homeless families with children at any given time. All families, volunteers and staff have background checks run on them. The shelter program is run as a family community that embraces a respectful, substance free and safe environment for our families to regroup and thrive towards self-sufficiency.
- Be a polite, supportive and welcoming ambassador to all families and volunteers.
- Be a role model, troubleshoot issues that arise and communicate clearly via cell phone, text, email and in person with program staff.
- Keep private rooms tidy and participate in tours of the program (at times).
- Be in the “life space” of the program from 8-10:30 pm to support families with chores, manage refrigerators, keep property clean, prepare bedrooms for a new family, whatever is needed in the program that night. (Sunday – Thursday).
- Complete “shift report documentation” nightly.
- Do headcount at 10:00pm.
- Be present 10:30pm – 7:00am in shelter (asleep). Available for emergencies only.
- Participate in 1- hour staff meeting per week with Executive Director, Operations Manager and Case Manager.
- Participate in agency functions and fundraisers.
- Share the work of shoveling, watering flowers, taking trash out and routine house duties.
- Helping families with children in need!
- Enjoy a private bedroom and living room.
- Live rent, utility, television and WIFI free of cost.
- House is central air conditioned.
- Most meals are provided.
- Off street parking and yard.
- 21 vacation days annually (not required to be in the shelter/working).
Please email resume to email@example.com